Intellectual Property In Europe
Now in its fourth edition, Tritton on Intellectual Property in Europe covers the entire range of laws and regulations affecting IP in Europe, giving you all the information relating to this topic.
The authors, Guy Tritton, Ben Longstaff, Tom St. Quintin, Richard Davis and Ashley Roughton provide expert commentary on legislation, regulations and cases so you have complete understanding of the law. You can find out how the legislation offers protection of clients’ rights and ascertain the remedies obtainable for infringement.
- Unrivalled coverage of patents, copyright, designs, trademarks and plant varieties at an international regional and European Union level
- Considers the practical dimensions of each, as well as the substantive law
- Discusses each subject area in general European terms
- Provides expert commentary on the practical aspects of intellectual property, such as implementation, licensing, franchising, joint ventures and enforcement
- Examines intellectual property and competition law, highlighting ways in which the two areas overlay
- Considers interaction of national law and EU law including “Euro defences” and jurisdiction
- Cited extensively in papers, books and articles including in Advocate-General’s Opinions and is the main used by a number of university intellectual property courses run in the European Union
NEW FOR THIS EDITION
- Extensive and up-to-date review of EU and EPO case law and legislation in all areas of intellectual property law In-depth examination of the various functions of trade marks
- Up-to-date detailed consideration of block exemptions including the very recent Technology Transfer Block Exemption
- Examines implications of new EU patent and Unified Patent Court Whole new chapter on “Euro-Defences” to intellectual property actions Major overhaul of jurisdiction chapter
What’s more the chapters on Trade Marks and on Jurisdictions have been revised in the light of these changes and a whole new chapter on Border Controls introduced.